ADVERTISEMENT

4 Things TC Needs to Accomplish

Harry Stamper

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2008
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/11/30/tracy-claeys-minnesota-gophers-football/

I'm on record saying that Coyle should have found a new football coach. This article basically explains to me just exactly why. While Jeff Wald begs us to give Tracy a chance, I just don't see him making the historic leap beyond the glory years of 8-4 seasons. (Disclosure: I would love to be proven wrong, however, I just don't see how I will be)

1) Zero Buzz Around the Football Program
-----TC just isn't endearing. The only way the buzz comes is if we do win 10 games and start beating our Trophy Game opponents. We beat 8 inferior opponents and frankly beat each in a non-eventful way. We never beat anybody real soundly and convincingly. We squeaked by 0-9 in the Big 10 Rutgers. We let everybody hang around. Great teams end games at halftime. We were 0-12 doing so this year. We will see a large decrease in season ticket holders again this year. The students will continue to be indifferent.

2) Tracy Claeys Needs A Program Promoter
-----See above #1. TC is so dry and boring. The typical fan has absolutely zero interest in getting to know anything about him. He doesn't seem to understand this and in today's world of college football and this can't be true. There's too many options out there and to take a fond stance towards something you must have passion about that. I cared about the Kill story. He was so endearing in the community and as a fan I wanted to see him battle and succeed. It wasn't just his illness. He was active in the community, he threw the Date Night events for Gopher Football, he was a great ambassador to Gopher Football. He's a great guy and you wanted to cheer for him. TC is the opposite. He gives you nothing about him to care about. His passion seems to be equivalent to a light pole. He displays no emotion and doesn't seem to fight any battles on the field. I love Gopher Football. However, somebody who is this dry just doesn't give me any reason to care about him.

3) Gophers 0-4 in Trophy Games
-----Enough said. Really, we are 0-7 in trophy games (yes, I count Nebraska as the author does also.

4) Quarterback Play ... Enough Said
-----I know this might not be TC's fault. However, somebody has to finally get us a quality QB on the field. The Kill regime has not be able to do it and I'm skeptical that TC will be able to also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News