ADVERTISEMENT

4th time watching Buffalo game

Doc Arnold

Mar 6, 2007
State College, PA
Some QB things from my point of view:

1. Both QB's were at least as accurate as Adam Weber (some will call that faint praise), more accurate than Mitch Leidner. The common miss was overthrow, which can be risky, and being a little behind the receiver, but none of those were egregious. A couple, in fact, should have been caught.

2. Both QB's reacted well to pressure/blitz. Both got outside the pocket, both completed passes under pressure. Both knew when not to force the ball. The only truly bad pass, by Rhoda, had no pressure.

3. Both seemed to know the offense. No hesitations, no fumbled snaps (the center also made a perfect snap virtually every time).

4. It's hard to follow on a BTN tape, but both QB's seemed to do a decent job, or at least an equal job, making their reads.

5. Both throw a catchable ball. Touch seemed good (knowing how hard to throw the ball). Arm strength seemed good for both. Croft might be a little stronger here.

I can see why PJ hasn't picked one over the other. After 4 viewings, I give a slight edge to Croft, but it is really close. I just like the option to pull it down and run, as long as it's not on 3d and 19. Rhoda seems hesitant to do that. Maybe we will see more of that this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News