ADVERTISEMENT

$6m

b.jon

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2003
Shama reports that we've still only raised $80 million. Isn't that where we were when mega tongue left--at like $76m? And because regents don't want to spend $6m extra (less than 5%) there won't be a lineman facility. I KNOW some members of the coaching staff think this facility is essential to lineman development.

So wtf is Coyle doing? Haven't seen nor heard hide nor hair if him. And he obviously hasn't done jack to raise money. He has three essential duties. One is to hire coaches. One is to raise money. One is to push "They" on the inside to seek athletic excellence. He shouldn't be worried about whether there are sufficient sack lunches for the football team after the game Saturday. RAISE MONEY! PROMOTE OUR team. Do something. But he was the safe hire to maintain, not to EXCEL.

I am dismayed because I believe EXCELLENCE is not the administration's goal but only the goal of the team , coaches and fans. Instead the admins' goal is to maintain the status quo. Keep everyone paid and happy. NOT to be EXCELLENT. Not to COMMIT to WINNING a championship. WHY on God's earth cut corners on the football team? We who actually care about quality, not just continuity, are being let down.

Reactions: opie22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News