ADVERTISEMENT

A kid I think is very good that the Gophers could get late

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
Mr Football in Ohio Keishaun Sims.... Has over 3100 yards rushing and 43 TDs so far this year for Massilon Perry.. Perry is a great story as they were 0-10 a couple years ago and now are playing for the Ohio Division 2 state championship tomorrow night in Columbus.. Totally unexpected.. Sims has some D1 interest but his limitation is his size(5-11 170) for a RB... I am telling you the kid is electric... Plays DB, as well.. Could recruit as an athlete.. NEVER comes off the field... Humble kid who is very quiet but a pleasant kid. Could see him on the field as a KJ Maye type.

Tomorrow's game for Perry is against Cincinnati LaSalle... Their star player is Jeremy Larkin(yes a relation to Cincinnati Reds HOF Shortstop Barry Larkin).. Larkin's stats arent nearly as gaudy at 1800+ yards rushing but it was against opponents in what is arguably the top conference in the state of Ohio, every year. Many thought Larkin would win Mr Football, including me.. Cincinnati is known for great teams in HS but only have 1 area Mr Football ever(Marc Edwards in 1992 who was a RB from Norwood HS who played fullback at Notre Dame). Larkin may have an 'axe to grind' in this game so it will be interesting to watch. Larkin has committed to Cincinnati.

If I were part of the Gopher staff, I would at least take a look at Sims.. He is a guy that is happy to be on the field and is really productive.. Put him at receiver, QB, RB, DB, returner, whatever.. The kid is a competitor

Last edited:
Reactions: Littlefinger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News