ADVERTISEMENT

American Pharoah - an Unbelievable Horse!!!

Unlimited424

Gold Member
Jul 4, 2013
Richmond, VA
I have followed Horse Racing closely for 45+ years and I watched some amazing racing today!!!!!

I remember in 1971 when Canonero II lost the Belmont Stakes to Pass Catcher to lose the Triple Crown. And I followed the next few years with awe as Secretariat won by 26 lengths in 1973, Seattle Slew was very fast and won easily in 1977, and Affirmed won (again) very closely over close rival Alydar in 1978. This was a very exciting time for Horse Racing!!!

The 1.5 mile Belmont Stakes is an incredibly difficult finish for the Triple Crown as the length is too long for almost all Thoroughbred horses. Most analysts and other intelligent observers (me and others) had almost given up on ever having another Triple Crown winner (after 37 years since Affirmed won in 1978), as the last 10 + prospects had lost... i.e., it just wasn't possible anymore.

Today, I had a lot of faith in American Pharoah going into the race, and my strong faith was rewarded!!! AmPhar with Jockey Victor Espinosa had the perfect trip and they won (going away) by 5 1/2 lengths! It was truly an unbelievable race!!! And, AP's time was 2:26, second only to Secretariat amongst Triple Crown winners, who ran 2:24 - which is the track record!!! Secretariat might be the best US race horse ever...so this is as good as it gets!!

Friends, this was sports history today, and I hope you had the chance to see it!!!
Here is the race, if you have not:

Here's to American Pharoah...a true American Legend!! He was unbelievable to watch!!! Hallelujah!!!

To all of you, have a wonderful weekend!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: AhliBobwa and dubwa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News