ADVERTISEMENT

BBall Recruiting Ben Johnson is doing good in recruiting, despite never having been head coach in a game yet.

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
Love the Pharell Payne and Braeden Carrington commits. Of course, we have to hold on to them, as well. There are NEVER guarantees in recruiting. Of course, we hope to get the Olu-Joseph kid. There is room for a couple of wings and at least one more big. BUT POINT GUARD OR BALLHANDLER HAS TO BE A PRIORITY!!

I know we are in on a couple of pretty good ones that have visited campus. I look at the Pierre kid and the Ziegler kid as ones that I would love for us to get a commit. FROM A FAN AND TALENT STANDPOINT, I would love to get both.. But from a COACHING STANDPOINT, I think the best thing would be to get one of them and maybe get a kid with college experience from the transfer portal to go along with the high school recruit. THAT IS THE WAY I PREDICT BEN WILL GO.

When you recruit 2 kids that are PGs in the same class, you usually are thinking you can play them on the court together at times where one can slide to the off guard. Not one behind the other, especially if they are both highly rated. I JUST WANT ONE OF THEM TO COMMIT but I dont think we would get both Pierre and Ziegler to commit unless at least one could move to off guard while on the court together. If you get to time outs and the young PG has been pressing a bit and making mental errors, you want to turn to a more experienced player to settle things down a bit. Could be on either end of the floor. That is why I think Ben will try to get 1 HS hotshot at PG and a PG from the transfer portal that maybe is a grad eligible kid. BUT I DO THINK WE WILL TRY TO GET 2 BALLHANDLERS TO COMMIT, IN THIS RECRUITING CLASS but not from the same GRADUATING CLASS. You can recruit a 2nd PG in the class behind, the next year, IMO.. But not 2 hotshot PGs from the same graduating class coming in as freshmen together.

GETTING MULTIPLE BIGS IN A CLASS?? ABSOLUTELY!! MULTIPLE WINGS FROM HIGH SCHOOL IN THE SAME CLASS?? YES, PLEASE!! MULTIPLE PGS from the SAME GRADUATING CLASS?? Hmmm, doubt it very much. But Ben has been trying to "navigate in unchartered waters" so who knows??

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News