ADVERTISEMENT

Claeys Article - Pioneer Press - Concussions

tcfgophernation

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2009
I love his attitude - Sticking up for the game of football. A lot of guys/gals on this board want us
to change to flag football.

He talks about :
- The game of football has done a hell of a lot of good for a lot of people
- Teaching technique -
- Injuries - There is a risk in everything you do, except if you work at the post office. Only risk you have there is how many breaks you get each hour
- There is more risk getting in your car each day.. not sure if that is correct, but the bottom line is there is risk at anything you do

Do you think for a moment the coaches want there players having concussions and missing games ? Do you think the coaches like playing 2nd and 3rd stringers ? Do you think coaches like getting fired because they had to many losses because of to many injuries ? let the coaches coach... football is a VERY physical game, that is not going to change. newsflash, injuries are going to happen, head, foot, knee, hand, spine, wrist, arm, toes, ankle, etc..

I think, I love the game of football, just like hockey, a lot of times you will get your teeth knocked out, hockey will not pass a rule that you cant check anymore, because you will still get your teeth knocked out by either a puck, fist, or stick. Football is a physical game, there are risks, you either except the risks and play or you dont. If you accept them, step on the field and go to battle or step on the ice and your in the Lions den. Competition is a wonderful thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News