ADVERTISEMENT

Claey's Stamp

Blackeye Gopher

Sep 21, 2005
I love what Tracy is doing with the program right now. I love the direction of bringing in an offensive coordinator that specifically works with the quarterbacks. I also love the idea of bringing in a full time offensive line coach.

All of these moves were needed in my opinion to take the next step. I think Kill built his staff around a number of good coaches, but he stressed loyalty and didn't always have the best fit for the coach vs the position group.

I love the youth of Miller and the dedication of a coach to a very critical position group. I like the fact that Johnson is a "quarterback" coach that also played at a high level. As fans, I think we can all take solace in the fact that Tracy was able to "recruit" a couple of very good coaches to the University. I think that speaks volumes about his reputation in the industry amongst his peers.

The other thing to consider is the possibility that Coach Kill also agreed with these moves. For all we know, Coach Kill may have contemplated these same moves because the program is on a much better footing today vs when he started.

This is Claey's team now, and I am very excited that he seems to embrace the fact that it is "his" team. The decisions that he is making are not the decisions of a person that is scared or afraid of the responsibility. I really look forward to watching this evolve.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News