ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches on the road this past week

Matt Jessen-Howard

Aug 5, 2014
Here is a list of players that received visits:

• Tampa Berkeley Prep two-star defensive end Mayan Ahanotu: "Coach Robb Smith visited me. It went well. He couldn't really speak with me for that long sir, but it was good to see him again."
  • Shelby (Ohio) three-star quarterback Brennan Armstrong: "It went elite!! (Ciarrocca) talked about the recruits we are getting and the baseball game that night that he's got to come watch."
  • Highland Park safety Josh Aune: "It went really well! (Coach Simon and I) talked a little bit. He said that it was important for me to make it to camp this ear in regards to them making an offer."
  • Murrieta (Calif.) four-star quarterback Hank Bachmeier: "My visit with coach was awesome. He is a very genuine person that I see myself playing well under. As far as my interest goes, I have family ties there and go out to Lake Minnetonka every summer so there is great connection to Minnesota."
  • Crystal Lake (Ill.) three-star guard and Northwestern commit Wyatt Blake: "They came to my school, but I'm 110% committed to Northwestern."
  • Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy four-star defensive tackle Verdis Brown
  • 2019 Edina tackle Quinn Carroll: Matt Simon visited on Monday.
  • Cincinnati Anderson guard Zeke Correll: "They saw my coach and told him that they were interested, and I picked up the offer the next day."
  • Creston (Iowa) three-star tackle Trevor Downing: "Coach Paup came on Monday! We just kinda talked about my team and their team up there. We talked about how the offseason has been going, and they want me to get back up there for another visit to meet with an agricultural studies advisor."
  • Council Bluffs (Iowa) Lewis Central quarterback Max Duggan: "I went through my throwing workout and (Ciarrocca and Paup) watched and just talked to my dad about coming to camp this summer."
  • Xenia (Ohio) three-star wide receiver Meechi Harris: "(Warinner and I) just talked about planning a visit." He said he doesn't have a date set or in mind yet. Harris is still high on the Gophers with Michigan State as the biggest competitor.
  • Crystal Lake (Ill.) Prairie Ridge three-star guard and Iowa commit Jeff Jenkins: "I just let them know I have no interest in Minnesota and thanked them for recruiting me, but my recruitment is closed."
  • Indianapolis North Central three-star cornerback D.J. Johnson: "Wenger could just stop by. It was just hi and bye and how are you doing. Then he watched me workout."
  • 2019 Shawnee Mission (Kansas) Bishop Miege quarterback Graham Mertz: Kenni Burns stopped by Bishop Miege on Thursday.
  • Fishers (Ind.) Hamilton Southeastern three-star defensive end Madison Norris: "A Minnesota coach stopped by my school. I didn't get to talk to him. He just passed by."
  • St. Louis Lutheran North three-star defensive end Ronnie Perkins
  • West Chester (Ohio) Lakota West three-star outside linebacker Xavier Peters
  • Eden Prairie three-star cornerback Benny Sapp: "We talked about how the spring game was and about the guy who had just committed."
  • Oswego (Ill.) three-star defensive tackle Noah Shannon
  • Sanford (N.C.) Lee County three-star running back Jahmir Smith: "They just came by my school. He got to evaluate my work ethic in the classroom and in the weight room...From what I've researched, Minnesota's pretty nice! I still have more to do, though."
  • Chicago Marist three-star defensive tackle Elijah Teague
  • West Des Moines (Iowa) Dowling three-star defensive end John Waggoner: "It was good. (Paup) just greeted me and said hello, and he told me he wants to get me back up sometime."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News