ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches on the road

Matt Jessen-Howard

Aug 5, 2014
SUNDAY POST:

Biggest news to share is that Jay Johnson will watch Jordan Ta'amu (Hudl) throw tomorrow afternoon. Ole Miss has been in contact with him and will be there to watch as well. Johnson will eval him and make a decision about whether or not to offer. The Gophers would take both Ta'amu and Glover.

Tracy Claeys, Jay Johnson, Bart Miller, and Dan O'Brien all flew down to Marshall to have an in-home visit with Blaise Andries and his family tonight. Here's what Andries told me: "We had a great meeting and snack and overall good time. We talked about a lot of things, but the main message was that I needed to keep working hard and enjoy the rest of my senior year with my friends and sports."

Tracy Claeys and Jay Sawvel are visiting Jaquarius Landrews tomorrow. UPDATE: the Landrews visit has been rescheduled to Thursday. Sawvel will also visit Pensacola (Fla.) Pine Forest linebacker Chris Bell (Hudl).

Poore is visiting Joshua Croslen tomorrow.

Phelps will visit Kendrick Green (Hudl) tomorrow. Last I heard, Green is still a strong Iowa lean, but maybe things have changed or will change with in-home visits. I'll try to have an update on him after the visit.

Either O’Brien or Sherels will visit Grant Ryerse tomorrow or Tuesday.

Brian Anderson is visiting Javan Hawes on Wednesday.

Anderson will visit Trey Creamer on Tuesday, and Georgia Southern will visit Creamer at some point this week as well. The Gophers like Creamer a lot, so I'm not sure why Georgia Southern still thinks they have a chance.

The Gophers will visit Nate Bursch at Woodbury next week. I'm not sure when his in-home visit will happen. Bursch tells me his ankle's doing better and is about at 80%. He had sprained it and stretched tendons in his foot.

Decatur (Ga.) Cedar Grove running back Grant Walker (Hudl), a Georgia Southern commit, will receive a visit some time this week. He's heard from Anderson and Schaekel recently.

One target I haven't mentioned before that may get a visit is former Michigan commit Chase Lasater (Hudl), a fullback/linebacker from Jacksonville.

MONDAY UPDATE:

Ole Miss will watch Jordan Ta'amu this afternoon, too.

Sawvel met with Knoxville DE Isaac Buell (Hudl) today and watched him practice. I'd expect Buell to be a name you hear more about moving forward.

Landrews' visit was rescheduled to Thursday. Both Claeys and Sawvel are expected to be there.

Sherels offered 2019 lineman Quinn Carroll today.

Ta'amu, on Johnson coming to watch him throw: "Throwing with Coach Johnson went really well. He liked my throwing, and we sat down and talked about my background. He showed me videos of the school and told me a lot about Minnesota. But he told me he will try to schedule a visit if the coaching staff decides to offer me."

Sawvel will likely meet with Mississippi State linebacker commit Aaron Odom (Hudl) this week and is calling him tonight.

Sawvel will visit Jackson (Miss.) Callaway cornerback Emanuel Dabney on Wednesday.

Hoping to have more later today.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News