ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Commit Film Review: Justin Walley

Alex Carlson

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2016
Minneapolis, MN
Strengths: quickness, athleticism, high upside

Weaknesses: run support, opportunity to improve technically

Justin Walley is a 5’10”, 175-pound cornerback from D’Iberville, Mississippi. Walley committed to the Gophers over offers from Auburn, Baylor, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and Kansas among others. He carries a 5.6 3-star ranking from Rivals currently. As a junior, Justin posted 74 tackles, seven forced fumbles, one interception, and three TFLs on his way to First Team All-State honors.

Walley is an explosive athlete who plays both sides of the ball for D’Iberville High School as a wing t running back/wide receiver on offense and splits time between cornerback and safety on defense. After watching Walley highlights, I believe he ultimately could play on either side of the ball and may even have a higher natural ability on the offensive side however he projects currently as a defensive back.

An explosive athlete with ultimate quickness, Justin pulls away from defenders on offense with his quick cut and burst ability which also carries over to defense as he has the ability to break on the ball and cover ground quickly. I do like what I see from Walley as an athlete. I think a redshirt year will be in order for Justin to improve technically as a defensive back. As a stud in high school, a lot of players get by with their natural athleticism which is what I believe Justin is able to do currently, but there is room for improvement in that area.

Justin’s film gives me no reason to believe he can’t be a solid player later in his collegiate career with an opportunity to play either side of the ball. Nice get for the Gophers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News