ADVERTISEMENT

COVID may destroy lives..........But keep head coaching jobs.

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
It is amazing that it is coming up on 330 calendar days since Penn State had their last football win. They play Michigan, Michigan State, and Rutgers to finish the season.. Now, it isn't beyond imagination to think the Nittany Lions will go a WHOLE YEAR without winning a football game. No one 2-3 years ago would have thought that to be a possibility.

I am not sure that James Franklin at Penn State or Jim Harbaugh at Michigan will lose their jobs after this season... I think the financial considerations after COVID will prevent those schools from making the moves... These schools don't have 'huge bank accounts' like many people think.. Ones that can absorb the huge financial hits of reduced ticket revenues.

Unless you hire the new coach from within your own staff, you have 3 financial obligations in hiring a new head coach.
1) buyout the remaining contract of the coach you are firing.
2)buyout the remaining contract of the new coach you are hiring at the school they are currently coaching.
3) pay the salaries of the coach and his assistants.

IT IS NOT CHEAP TO FIRE COACHES!!! It wont surprise me one bit if you see very few coaching changes at prominent schools, this year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News