ADVERTISEMENT

Daniel Thomas article and update - 2/1 update

Matt Jessen-Howard

Aug 5, 2014
Link: Daniel Thomas talks final visits

It's hard to tell much from this interview, as Thomas is a man of few words and the interview was cut short because someone came to his house in the middle of our call.

It could be an eventful night tonight with defensive back recruiting. Remember, UNC wants an answer out of Coney Durr at 7:00 PM CT tonight. If UNC doesn't get Durr or KJ Sails, Thomas could have a committable offer to UNC later tonight. Auburn will also supposedly call Thomas at 7:00 PM CT about whether or not he has an offer.

2/1 UPDATE

So Auburn did not call and offer Thomas last night, but the Auburn Rivals writer says he doesn't think things are completely over between Thomas and Auburn. However, since the call didn't come, I think there's a far greater chance that he won't be offered than that he will be.

South Carolina is no longer in the picture for Thomas, however.

So that means that if UNC lands KJ Sails (and they're expected to) and Auburn doesn't offer Thomas, then the last two teams standing in Thomas' top five are Minnesota and Louisville. I have heard zero buzz with Louisville and he never visited UL, so I think we can count them out. I'm feeling good about Minnesota's chances right now.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News