ADVERTISEMENT

Daniels commitment quotes

Matt Jessen-Howard

Aug 5, 2014
Chris spoke to me while he was boarding his plan. The service cut out on his end, so he said he'd call me later, at which point I'll write a story. In the meantime, here's the quotes from our call:

“It’s a relief (to commit). I knew as soon as they offered me, I liked them a lot. This is what God wanted me to do; I know that. I like Minnesota a lot and kept praying on (the commitment), and as soon as I set foot on campus, I knew God wanted me to commit,” he said.

“Coach Fleck was the icing on the cake. Right now, I’m ready to get home and tell my parents about how campus was in person and why I committed in person. I know this is the right place to go, and they’re all one big family in Minnesota.”

“Fleck is so real. He didn’t recruit me; he just kept it real with me -- stayed ‘100.’ He told me what his plan was for the team, and what his plan was for me. We talked about growth other than just football, and how he wants to shape me into a great man and husband in the future. We also had the same favorite verses, Philippians 4:13: ‘I can do all through Christ who strengthens me,’ so we connected on that as well.”

“(Fleck) doesn’t want me to sit behind anyone. He said they didn’t recruit me to be on the bench and he wants me to be the guy. But he said nothing will be given to me, and that I’ll have to earn it. The opportunity is there but it won’t be handed to me. I’m going to be a three-tech. They showed me some film and where I’d fit in.”

“The D-Coordinator and D-Line coach were the first to make contact. They came out to practice to see me. They wanted to see me in action and then they offered me. I have a great relationship with them.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News