ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Demariyon Houston: Friday update

Connor Stevens

Jun 1, 2015
We've had updates on Houston the past few days, and here's another based on what we're hearing.

Demariyon Houston and his family may be waiting until February to sign, as we have reported. Why he would do this? Likely to hold out for an offer from Oklahoma, which he does not currently have. The Sooners top priority right now is five-star Jadon Haselwood. He will not be making his decision until January 5th, which is after the early signing period. People connected with both Georgia and Oklahoma believe that Georgia is the favorite and he will likely recommit to the Bulldogs.

Now to the Oklahoma side of things. If they aren't able to get Haselwood, which isn't expected right now, who do they move on to? Houston is most likely only a target if they aren't able to get him. Even then, it seems like they are not set on adding another receiver to this class. They have two five-stars already committed and have talent returning, and I have heard from multiple sources that Oklahoma isn't very high on Houston. Defense seems to be the priority right now for Oklahoma. Plus, in the next recruiting class the thought is that they can just get the next top group of receivers, which they've done and will likely continue doing.

This puts Minnesota in a bit of a waiting game. I'm still not ruling out him picking the Gophers on or before December 19th, but it seems more and more like he will bring his recruitment through the new year. If this happens I still expect Minnesota to be on him through this whole process. As of right now, I don't think that Oklahoma offers, regardless of Haselwood's decision. This helps Minnesota a great deal, but if he extends his recruitment, it allows others to get involved. Right now, it's Minnesota vs. the clock.

Cliff Notes Version:
-Georgia likely for Haselwood
-Oklahoma not set on adding another receiver, focusing on defense
-Minnesota still on him, should continue to be whether he decides this month or later

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News