ADVERTISEMENT

DeShone Kizer - a QB to keep an eye on for the future

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
DeShone Kizer is the QB for Notre Dame.. In the Irish loss to Texas last night, Kizer had 5 TD passes and 6 TDs total, on the road.. Granted, last night the defenses were not very good for either side so this has to be taken with a grain of salt in terms of how the season plays out for the Irish. But Kizer is going to be a QB to keep an eye on if he stays healthy.

I know DeShone's family as he is from Toledo. Both his mom and dad were star athletes in NW Ohio high schools and college.. His dad, Derek, was a basketball player from Bowling Green State University.....DeShone has good size(6-4 225) and speed.. A very strong arm as I remember him in HS throwing 60-65 yard passes in pregame, seemingly without effort.. He is a very smart kid, as well. Can be a very nice kid. His dad has helped him in the mental preparation of being a college athlete. Played multiple sports in HS. He is a kid that will get more press as he plays more and I think will get pro looks soon. NFL teams are looking for QBs that can make good reads and I think it will be interesting to see DeShone's development in that area.. He is willing and able to learn quickly, which I honestly think is his biggest asset as a player. Hoping that the Vikings keep an eye on this kid if Teddy can't come back in the future, regardless how Sam Bradford works out for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: rockgopher
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News