ADVERTISEMENT

Gays and minorities

-arw-

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
AZJ's thread got me thinking about how I recently heard some activist - and not the first time I heard this mentioned - discussing how their struggle to marry and whatever is the equivalent of civil rights. I have always been fine with gay marriage if that means people will stfu and stop with the "Pride" parades but to even mention the constitutional lack to marry in the same breath as Jim Crow laws, slavery, the Chinese and their treatment while building western railroad lines, the Trail of Tears, smallpox-laden blankets, public lynchings for both Blacks and Indians, the Holocaust and America's own serious anti-semitism is an absolute joke.

Are people beaten up because they are gay? Sadly, yes. Does this = the aforementioned examples? Fvck no. I am constantly confounded by the American Liberal's defense of Islam yet women are most certainly second-class citizens and homosexuals are stoned and beheaded for their proclivities yet we, America, is a disgrace because some people cannot yet legally marry? SMH.
This post was edited on 2/9 8:25 AM by -arw-

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News