ADVERTISEMENT

Gosh, I hope we maintain our recruiting success in Georgia

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
With the loss of Mo Linguist, I hope we maintain momentum in Georgia... I lived down there before moving to Ohio and they are as crazy about football as Ohioans...I think the DEPTH in that state is even better than Ohio now and we need to maintain our presence for sure. I know we will but we need the RIGHT person to recruit down there to recruit hard against the 'big boys'.

There are areas that I feel we have to maintain in order to recruit at a high level.
Of course, Florida, Texas, and Ohio should be part of that regardless of the coaching staff.. But I see these spots as becoming essential to maintain and build relationships outside of Minnesota:

Besides those 3 major states and Minnesota, these are ones I would love to see a consistent presence for years to come.
- GEORGIA, GEORGIA, GEORGIA
-Chicago metro and outlying areas
-Michigan with Fleck's reputation
-St Louis metro and outlying areas
-Indianapolis metro and surrounding areas as they are improving in quality players produced
-Alabama
-North Carolina and maybe South Carolina as well.
-Steal a few from Pennsylvania, especially some of their QBs

Georgia will always be recruited hard by Georgia, Georgia, Tech, Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, and South Carolina....Tennessee, Florida, and Florida State as well. That has been true for probably the last 50 years... But there are enough players that can play in Georgia(plus maybe we beat out the big boys for a top Georgia player once in a while) that we should be able to get 4-5 good players out of that state every year, at least. Of course we get Minnesota's best.. Hopefully North and South Dakota's as well as steal a recruit or 2 from Iowa or Wisconsin.

I actually think that Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, and Auburn have enough of a national profile that it COULD work to our advantage... Hopefully some great HS players elsewhere will consider those programs that are outside their home states where it would open up recruiting for some great players in the area to go to schools like Minnesota... Plus if they put a lot of great classes, back to back, we could possibly sell playing time early where those other programs have great players waiting in the wings before the next recruiting classes sign... I just hope that Linguist leaving does not affect any recruiting momentum we have so this post may be irrelevant if that is the case... But I would consider recruiting Georgia as much of a priority as recruiting Florida or Texas. I read in another thread that Warinner may consider leaving so if that is the case, I hope Fleck on his own or another keeps 'their foot on the gas' here in Ohio to get top recruits in the future.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News