ADVERTISEMENT

Great News!

Allamericandad

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2010
We made it back to Texas A'OK, great news that I-35 wasn't blocked by any Sky material at all.
No stars, clouds or blue sky on the ground anywhere. I was worried by all the reports the Sky was Falling! We made it back in 13 hours!

So my Glass Half Full Rant.

Big 10 - 12 Wins & 2 Losses, I'm proud to be apart of that 12!
30 Pts - The word is we need to increase scoring. 2015 Ncaa spg avg 30pts (Iowa) was 54th, a jump of 51 spots
NO SACKS, very few negative plays
Rodney Smith was Awesome
Mitch was a Leader
Oline did what an avg 6'5 320lbs line does it wears down a defense, in the 4th the LOS was moving backwards on every snap.
Out Scored our opponent 13-0 in the 4th. (Remember boys all qtr's count)

Coach Bill Parcells used to say if you can win 2 of 3 parts of the Game you will win most of your games. (Offense, Defense and Special Team) Our Special Teams played great, Great Punts, 4 Touchbacks, Long Field goal to take the lead, (1 negative play)

Defense looks Long, Lean and Mean! ( except Thick Steven Richardson - He has to be the Hardest DT in D1 football to block) Great Depth losing 3 players to correct calls. But those guys played hard. My old Coach used to say if you make a mistake you better be going a 100%, well those guys were going 100% in my book.
Turnovers - Check
Big 3rd down plays - get off the field - Check
Big 4th Down plays and win the Game - Check
Allow fewer points than what the offense Scores! - Check

So you can argue we won all 3, which is the side I'm on. Or worst case we won 2 of the 3 and we won.

A Great Philosopher once said -

“Usually the team that scores the most points wins the game.”

John Madden

or

"You wouldn’t have won if we’d beaten you."

Yogi Berra

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews