ADVERTISEMENT

Homeland

buckshotmike

May 11, 2007
Who watches this show? Before I say my piece, please understand that I get its TV and I know it's sensationalized but the general themes match today's perpetual wars in the Middle East. The questions about the drone wars and whether the strikes are creating more extremists, whether us meddling in the Middle East created these wars, Benghazi like embassy attacks ect.

Having said that, last night's episode I believe was meant to loosely resemble Benghazi and I have to say that after watching last night's episode, I'm convinced that we have seriously pissed a lot of people off and there really is no going back. This entire season has basically made me realize how causes and effects have occured in the Middle East and even as we try to do the right thing now in Iraq, we are still doing the wrong thing.

I linked this article because I think it's another example of how we fvcked up years ago, Obama was too weak to fix the past mistakes, and we're going to pay in the future. If you happen to read this article, how would those who have spent years in Guantanamo not resent the US and not join ISIS or Al qaeda after spending years in GITMO without being charged a crime and tortured for years.

While I know some might dismiss what I'm saying as liberal bullshit, you should know that I wrote a Law Review article in law school that defended the Bush "Advanced Interrogation Program" as not torture. I'll say that my piece was written more as an idealouge than as something that I truly believed in. But I could, at that time, at least make a legal argument. I know now that I was wrong.

Greenwald

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News