ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS TRANSFER - Justin Turner BGSU

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
A lot of activity in college transfers going on and Ohio colleges are no different.

A sidelight first.. Alonzo Gaffney was highly rated, coming out of HS, and attended Ohio State.. He is leaving and that got some other programs excited.. Word out of Columbus is that he is not the academic type so school is not his thing... On the other hand, Seth Towns is a local Columbus product who is coming home from Harvard after a very good career there, so Ohio State is coming out ahead in that tradeoff, both on and off the court.. Towns is not only talented on the basketball floor but an ultra-smart kid in the classroom.

ANYWAYS, JUSTIN TURNER FROM BOWLING GREEN(A college about 25 miles from me).. A Detroit area product who is 6-3, 6-4 at off guard with good strength and length.. One of the best MAC players this year.. Averaged 19 points a game and shot 45% from the field and 36% from the 3 point line...Averaged about 15 shot attempts per game... A pretty confident player who was a clutch FT shooter(shot in the mid 80s, as far as percentage)... Can be a very good defender but I would not consider that to be a strength for him. Took over games at times... Would only have one year left to play but not a bad transfer eligible player.. I think he would easily start at Minnesota in front of Willis or Tre Williams. Not the defender that Kalschuer is but is much more athletic and I believe more productive on the offensive end.

I think he is a BETTER OFFENSIVE PLAYER than Akeem Springs was in the MAC though Springs was a little taller and a bit stronger. If Turner came aboard, I would not be surprised to see both him and Jamal Mashburn Jr. start together with Marcus Carr, before the year ended, in a 3 guard offense but a lot will depend if Oturu comes back.. Payton Willis and Gabe Kalschuer would be better off the bench, IMO.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News