ADVERTISEMENT

How can we help sell "Minnesota" to others??

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
Like everything in life, we have positives and negatives about the state and the University.. And all of us can probably list both. I think we can influence others in discussions around us to get top kids to come to the state and consider playing for the U. I think the POSITIVE discussions are as important as waiting for a coach to get to a kid's house trying to sell the University without a kid knowing anything previously. Think of the times of the 1978 basketball recruiting class where these kids had positive understanding of Minnesota outside of what coaches pitched to the kids.

MINNEAPOLIS-ST PAUL is one of the US' most beautiful metropolitan areas. Lakes/water everywhere which for a big city, is highly unusual. Lots of diverse interests that makes it an interesting area.

LOTS of FORTUNE 500 companies... People have places of employment in reputable companies and standard of living is pretty good in the area.

WORLD CLASS ACADEMIC PROGRAMS in business, psychology, arts, engineering, medicine.

PEOPLE ARE PRETTY NICE....I have been to a lot of metro areas and I still feel the Twin Cities have some of the nicest people I have ever met in a big city area.

CREATIVE PEOPLE.. There are reasons that people have stayed in the area in the face of high taxes and cold weather.. Minnesota has some of the most innovative people anywhere you will go. Deep traditions in many different industries.

LOTS OF UNIQUE THINGS TO DO.....Quirky, artsy, athletic, outdoors, indoors, corporate, small busines, farming, historical, technical, whatever. You name it and the Twin Cities has it.

ONE OF THE FEW MIDWEST METRO AREAS THAT START TRENDS AND NOT JUST FOLLOW.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News