ADVERTISEMENT

I am OVERWHELMED by our depth at the skill positions-- and developing depth at others

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
Think about how amazing this is, when compared to other seasons at Minnesota and even with the other programs in the nation... It is INCREDIBLE the depth we are developing... I admit that some of this is hopeful but MOST of what I am about to say is proven.

QBs... The IDEAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL "QB ROOM" has 4 QBs that are capable of leading the team or have shown some type of promise to do so... WE HAVE 5 QBs... Tanner Morgan, Seth Green, Zach Annexstad, Cole Kramer, and Jacob Clark....AND ALL RETURN NEXT YEAR!!! Granted, only Morgan and Annexstad have been in the pressure situations of leading a team downfield WHEN THE GAME IS IN THE BALANCE but that is a lot of riches and ALL HAVE SEEN THE FIELD in at least one Big Ten game.

RBs... Everybody talks a "pair and a spare".. At Minnesota, we have 4 PLAYERS... 4 PLAYERS.. At the SAME POSITION that have had GAMES OVER 140 YARDS RUSHING IN THEIR COLLEGE CAREERS(Rodney Smith, Shannon Brooks, Mo Ibrahim, and Bryce WIlliams).. PLUS 2 other freshmen backs that have showed good promise in limited appearances(Trey Potts and Cam Wiley)..2 of our RBs have had 1000 yard seasons(Smith and Ibrahim).. A "pair and a spare" TIMES 2!!!!!. THINK ABOUT THIS.... 4 RBs ON THE TEAM AT THE SAME TIME that have had games of over 140 yards rushing??? I can only think of the Barry Switzer Oklahoma teams, or maybe the John McKay/John Robinson USC teams of the 1970s that could brag about stuff like that!!! It is impressive.

WR - Tyler Johnson, Rashad Bateman, and CAB...... As good of a trio as there is anywhere.... Demetrius Douglas is solid behind them and an important member of the return game.... Clay Geary has not seen the field much but he is capable.. Michael Brown Stephens probably has a pretty bright future.... Injuries to Jornell Manns and Eric Gibson but they could be good players as well.

TE - Spann Ford, Paulson, WItham, Kieft....... That is a deep TE group, as well.

DEVELOPING DEPTH AT D-LINE and LB.... Need to develop much more on the o-line and secondary, which is really important We are REALLY BLESSED with the guys that are on this team.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News