ADVERTISEMENT

I had NO PROBLEM with PJ leaving the starters in when we scored our TD

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
Sometimes, a lot of coaching is happening without us as fans seeing it on the field.... In my opinion, PJ was appealing to the pride of our players in our scoring drive.. We were getting our asses kicked at home against a bitter rival.. He wanted to see if the guys had fight and pride enough to prevent a shutout at home against an archrival. Probably to build confidence, going forward, as well.

My bigger issue is the front 7 on defense.. We are giving up over 9 yards a rush, I think.. That is so terrible it is embarrassing.. I would not mind if we rotated in all of our d-linemen and LBs on the roster, when the score gets out of hand like that.. What is the difference between giving up 9 or 12-15 yards a carry, once it gets that bad?? Who knows, you may find a kid that has some pride that you never thought would perform... Maybe leave Mafe in there and rotate the other guys.

PJ was quiet in the off season compared to previous years and now I know why.. This team is very inexperienced ON THE DEFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL.. We need to get to where the backups are not such a huge drop off from the starters, when we have those good seasons.. Now, we are in an obvious rebuilding mode on defense.. Offense, I agree with those that wonder why we hired an OC when we did so well with Simon at the controls when Ciarocca left. I think losing Dunlap and Faalele is huge for us. As big as losing Tyler Johnson or maybe even bigger. In some ways, I think this season could not have happened at a better time.. No fans in the stands and the team rebuilding. I just hope we can get some talent on the defensive side of the ball that has both talent and pride for future seasons of success.

Reactions: carlson73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News