ADVERTISEMENT

I have been incredibly optimistic about this season,

AhliBobwa

Jan 27, 2010
I thought: good schedule, senior QB, revamped OLine, the D we've come to expect from Tracy Claeys---all the pieces are in place for a historic season and a Big 10 West division title.

I repeated the same mantra throughout the offseason: Since March I've said that this whole year comes down to 2 games: penn state and Iowa--for the simple reason that the next 4 games are *very* winnable.

I said the key to having a historic season was to get off in the right foot beating penn state and Iowa to start conference play.

And despite outplaying penn state for 3 quarters, the Gophers somehow lost. Well, I feel numb.

Our shot at a historic season no longer looks so easy--in fact it looks like a pipe dream.

I really like TC. I like his aggressive attitude when it comes to coaching--a profession where most men are cautious to the point of idiocy.

But I'm pissed and sad. That was an enormous game and there was no excuse to come out after half and lay an egg like that. It was so...Mason-esque.

This sucks. This season is just gonna be another year.

My poor Dad. The last time the Gophers won the Big 10 he was a teenager. Now he's retired. That's bull$#^%.

I haven't felt this low since the end of the Brew regime.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News