ADVERTISEMENT

I offer pity to Bobby Knight, as a man.

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
Watched the Knight interview with Dan Patrick....This man is pure genius, in terms of basketball X's and O's... I know he has done great things for his players and other people, granted... But it is so sad to see all that bitterness at Indiana.

I understand I never walked in this man's shoes, so I can't judge him nor should I ever judge anyone. But I felt for the Indiana players that came back to be honored last season.... So much of their success was because of Knight.. To me, it was cruel to those players that Knight did not show....Myles Brand has passed on but I know he was more patient than he probably should have been with Knight...In my observation, Knight has become this 76 year old bitter person that will go to his dying breath without being able to forgive the University of Indiana though he has mentioned on numerous occasions his love for his players and fans....It would only take one conversation; a heart felt sorry to the administration and fans for his behavior and most of those Indiana loyalists would love him and forgive him in a way beyond his comprehension.. His players would welcome him back and the memories and honor could be shared.. What a prison it must be to live in that bitterness at the expense of those he claims to love so much.

He is a basketball genius and I would love to meet him and pick his brain for ideas, even at his age now. He had a 13-14 year span where he won 3 national championships and should have won a 4th. Great players who are loyal to him, to this day... Why not bury the hatchet and enjoy the twilight years for those yearning to share great memories??

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News