ADVERTISEMENT

In Fleck's presser, he said they were totally vanilla

AhliBobwa

Jan 27, 2010
on offense, which was clear watching the game. Fleck is not exaggerating when he says that the Gophers ran inside zone 31 times (!)

I get it, he's forcing the players to master the basics before he utilizes a lot of his offense.

I think the final score in Corvallis will have a lot to do with how much material the offense has to work with.

If they run inside zone 31 times, and don't show anything else other than an option play that's eliminated from the playbook each time Rhoda takes the field, it'll probably be a close, low scoring game, one where either team could win.

Fleck's Buffalo gameplan was similar to the ugly, but effective strategy utilized by Jerry Kill in OOC games.

Problem was in conference, the passing game was way behind and never truly blossomed.

As bad as Beav has been, it's still a road game against a PAC 12 squad with a 3rd year coach who has won at past stops.

If Fleck opens the playbook a bit, and the offense capitalizes on opportunities, maybe Minnesota wins comfortably.

This game is intriguing because I have no idea which approach Fleck is gonna take this week, except his saying the offense's play in practice will be a factor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News