ADVERTISEMENT

Just for Fun for those that like numbers: "Posts" to "Likes" ratios (some of us suck)

-TUNDRA-

Jan 7, 2005
Land of ICE & SNOW
Greetings:

I needed some mindless numbers work as a break. In reviewing the GI.com notable posters page I could not help myself, comparing some posters' ratios of posts to the likes received. While many of us have 1000s of posts from the pre-like era it was still fun to notice some of those that are effective/efficient in their posting.

This observation was in part driven by a recent post dialogue I had with @MNHeadhunter - got me thinking (he has like 3 posts in the new "like" era but has 6 likes) about the grief I was giving him on his limited number of likes. Similarly you have new generation posters like @blackoliveguy7 who just finally, I believe for the first time, has more posts than likes (pretty formidable for someone with more than 500 posts).

Having to draw the line somewhere I ran the ratios for those with a 1000 or more LIKES. Admittedly this leaves off some very prominent posters that have some very respectable "Like" ratios.

@bradt42 : 12.08:1
@dubwa : 6.93:1
@TKGophFan : 4.03:1
Tundra : 16.65:1 (crap even 42 beat me - I must REALLY suck)
@umfb27 : 13.72:1
@ehresmann22 : 6.28:1
@OPD77 : .74:1 (I hate you - the only one with more likes than posts, with a ratio of less than one)
Hyphen (aka @Matt Jessen-Howard) : 2.3:1 (not bad for a mod)
@Nine : 19.45:1 (this is clearly a result of longevity, and tons of posts before the "LIKE" era)
@GopherJim : 5.72
@Tuchman Marsh : 6.27:1
@Slab Of Bacon : 10.60:1
@fencejumpers : 4.84:1
@AhliBobwa : 5.57:1

Draw your own conclusions since the population size is tainted by assorted variables. all I know is that I have way too many posts, and I am extremely ineffective and inefficient. Hell even 42 is more effective and efficient than me. Other long time posters are clearly every effective and efficient with their posts (e.g. TK, Boat, Fence).

so all I got to say to all of you, is post on....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News