ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk receivers!

Bens71

Gold Member
Feb 4, 2007
Who CAN be the next KJ is maybe the Better wording for it but I think with the hiring of the new OC our WR's will have a bit more importance since there will be more 3 wides..

I like to break down the options as far as their strengths/weaknesses and positions:

SLOT type:
Woli- tough over the middle guy who doesn't have as good of hands as KJ but is sneaky fast. Could play some on the outside as well

Snelson - seems very much like KJ as he is more of the stocky strong type.. I think he might have more explosion. Good option for some WR screens and trick play type

Carter - I like his wiggle as he seems to have good body control and can make some big catches. Looks confident on the field

On the OUTSIDE:
Still - seems like a big play guy but not a high volume target on the outside. I think he has some tough time separating at times

Holland - good body type, but has poor hands or at least did with the few opportunities he was given. I think he could be one of our better blocking WR with woli. I'm interested in seeming him play next year.

Register - I have nothing here... No idea on what he is capable off

Gentry - I think he could be the guy... The one who can stretch the field, run some drag routes and be the higher volume type guy on the outside we need. Mitch had shown that he can spin it down field.. Now he needs a guy to do that with.. Gentry could be that

** overall I don't think there will be a new KJ next year. I think the ball will be spread out more and not 1 WR being heavily targeted as much as KJ was

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News