ADVERTISEMENT

Lot 37 Get ready to get screwed again!

Go4Roses

Feb 8, 2008
Andover MN
So it wasn't enough the the athletics department reworked the the parking situation in Lot 37 to appease people who expect a prime parking space in a tailgating lot 30 minutes before game time.

It wasn't enough the the U initiated a policy to confine early arriving, dedicated tailgaters in Lot 37 to the perimeter of Lot 37 while reneging on their promise to park vehicles in a particular order from east to west, which they haven't enforced in any way shape or form (I love watched the U cops sit in their golf carts and do absolutely nothing).

It wasn't enough for the U to set up lanes of yellow tape to lead dedicated tailgaters by the nose like lemmings to areas that provide the least appealing places to tailgate.

It wasn't enough to soak people for $1000 bucks to park in a formerly friendly tailgating area because of their inability to stand up to whiners who show up late and leave early.

It wasn't enough to raise ticket and parking privileges next year and the next year.

NOW, the U proposes to raze Lot 37 for the new track and field facility and disperse those of us who have established a tradition of tailgating and support of the athletics department to other lots at their discretion.

Mrs. Go4Roses and I are 21 year season ticket holders and out tailgating companions have had tickets since 1967. If this is how we are going to be treated, as well as the shoddy treatment of the past, then Gopher Athletics will have to do without our seat licenses, tickets and etc.

I can buy a hell of a wide screen and watch them on TV for a lot less $.

Reactions: littleelmer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News