ADVERTISEMENT

Masters Golf Tournament 2016

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
I have to admit, I am a Phil Mickelson fan and I kinda lose interest if he misses the cut like this week or is not playing well. The Masters and US Open are the 2 golf tournaments that I will watch on TV.. Man, the conditions looked rough... Those green speeds and undulations are severe and if you got that wind blowing a lot, that makes conditions so brutal.. It was definitely time for Tom Watson to say "GOODBYE" to the Masters.. A driver and 5 wood is so tough on the 18th hole. The course is simply too long for him, anymore, especially with the wind blowing that much. Need to be able to hit short irons, very high, in on the approach so you can stop it on the green where you want it. Tom is a great great champion and it is another transition from a great generation of players.

I hope this next generation of players can do better than what was anticipated with Tiger vs. Phil.. That never really materialized though both are Hall of Fame career players. I see Jordan Spieth vs. Rory McElroy as being good for the sport.. You have Dustin Johnson, who can hit it forever in length... Jason Day can put birdies together on any course in the world. Adam Scott has one of the best golf swings in the game.. The PGA has a ton of young talent but my heart is still with Mickelson and hoping Tiger makes one more run.. I just think BACK SURGERY is the 'kiss of death' for any athlete so I am not convinced Tiger will ever get back to anything close to where he was at, before.

I think Spieth repeats but who do you think will win??

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News