ADVERTISEMENT

Message from Coyle

Gopher419

Gold Member
Feb 11, 2016
There's a lot of people being really negative about Coyle...

I don't think he necessarily handled the situation perfectly, but what did you guys want him to say? The student privacy laws aren't BS...he has to abide by those especially in something like a sexual assault case. I do understand and wish he could be more transparent with players and parents but with all eyes on him he couldn't do that.

He did personally accuse any of the players. Suspending them while under investigation isn't against precedent, it's what's normally done. Claeys said he was at the meeting when the decision was made to suspend them.

He didn't write the EOAA report but it's a University committee so he has to acknowledge it. But I don't think he's approved the University suspensions that the EOAA recommended.

He didn't position himself entirely against the players, and I don't think it sends a good message to take a 100% stand behind your players when there's room for doubt on all accounts in a sexual assault case.

I don't mean to troll. Genuinely curious what people wanted him to say/do and what you want him to say/do moving forward. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Go Gophers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News