ADVERTISEMENT

New Studies have scientists concerned it's 'Game Over'

AhliBobwa

Jan 27, 2010
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...imate-sensitivity-seven-degrees-a7407881.html

'It is a vision of a future so apocalyptic that it is hard to even imagine.

But, if leading scientists writing in one of the most respected academic journals are right, planet Earth could be on course for global warming of more than seven degrees Celsius within a lifetime.

And that, according to one of the world’s most renowned climatologists, could be “game over” – particularly given the imminent presence of climate change denier Donald Trump in the White House.'

Scary stuff. I recommend the whole article. It's time to work together.

One of my most conservative friends, a guy who works in finance and thinks Mitt Romney is the greatest guy ever, posted this on my wall tonight:

"Every once in a great while the stars align and [first name redacted]^^^ and I see eye to eye politically :)

100% agreed that Ts stance on climate change is ridiculous. It would be tragic if he can unwind the progress we have made there. Climate change should not be a partisan issue. 97% of scientists believe in it, I'm pretty sure the other 3% are getting paid not to."

This is a guy who always votes Republican. His father was a longtime US Republican Senator, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News