ADVERTISEMENT

Next Year's Rotation

Ryan James

May 10, 2004
Well now I am thinking way too far in advance but these threads have me going so here I go.

Rotation

PG: Nate Mason/Kevin Dorsey
SG: Amir Coffey/Dupree McBrayer/
SF: Fitzgerald/Michael Hurt/Ahmad Gilbert/Buggs
PF: Jordan Murphy/Eric Curry/Buggs
C: Reggie/Bakary/Gaston

PG: I expect Mason and Dorsey to do most the ball handling but Coffey can help too, so can Dupree.

SG: I expect Mason to move over some, you also have Dupree and Amir here

SF: You have Fitzgerald, Amir can move here, Hurt can play here, Buggs has played here at the start of this year, Gilbert started here last night, Sharp played some here too

PF: Murphy gets most time while Curry or maybe Buggs or Gaston can back him up or play in a small frontcourt with him

C: Bakary and Reggie rotate, they can go small. Gaston can play some

You can see there are some older guys going forward who don't look to have secure spots so they need to either get better fast or the upperclassmen years will be more bench sitting than playing.

I would predict that most of the season you will see cornerstones Murphy and Mason playing with a frosh and the juco transfers. Bakary could keep improving and fight off Lynch and Fitzgerald is not proven so his fourth college year isn't a guaranteed start so they could go one of the guards with Amir maybe.

Just got to thinking.

I fully believe that the five new players will be a part of the ten man rotation. So there are 2-3 guys coming back that need to improve if they are going to fight off the challenge and right now, they haven't shown much.

I'm sure somebody will transfer. It always happens and looking at all the forwards listed, I would guess one of them.

I would also guess that that scholarship will go to 2017 unless the Gophs could reel in a guy like the kid in Idaho or a major impact grad transfer. That's not something fans should be counting on, but the staff definitely should be reaching out if they could possibly get in on a guy like that. They won't be taking any spring projects though. No chance. The 2017 class is too good around here to only use one scholarship on.

Reactions: blackoliveguy7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News