ADVERTISEMENT

Nico Bolden article

Matt Jessen-Howard

Aug 5, 2014
Link: Bolden content with recruitment but hoping for Gopher offer

Nico doesn't seem to have a lot of ups and downs or show a lot of emotion in interviews, but I think he'd be thrilled with a Gopher offer. Grew up rooting for the Gophs, mother went there, and now has several friends committed there.

He's Rivals' #2 Minnesota prospect in this class, and personally I think that's fair. Bolden hasn't picked up any offers since March but he also hasn't got out on the camp scene when most have.

Will Minnesota offer? That will be determined at camp, which Minnesota really wants him to attend and he will.

He impressed at last year's camp as a defensive back, but Minnesota seemed to like him as an outside linebacker for a while. Dan O'Brien really likes him as a safety and that's apparently the position Nico's been told Minnesota would want to start him. Syracuse likes him as a strong safety, and Washington State likes him as an outside linebacker. I think he could be great at either one, and it will all depend on how his body develops.

Another thing to keep in mind with Minnesota is that they can be pretty selective with defensive backs and linebackers in this class, probably more so than other positions. Sawvel obviously has a lot of pull with DBs because of the success that group has had, and the linebacker class might be smaller this year after taking three last year.

If I missed anything, I'm sure our resident Woodbury coach @Lane Swansson will let me know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News