ADVERTISEMENT

Now that I think about it....STP has it right, in a way....

opie22

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2003
We all cringe when he refers to Duke as 'we'. BUT....you can't go your whole life only liking things that rarely win. You have find someone or something that kicks-@ss to associate yourself with. It helps testosterone levels, and it provides enjoyment.

Way back, a bought a couple Jordan rookie cards....and it gave me a reason to be a Jordan fan for about 5 years.

Then I became a Stone Cold Steve Austin fan. There was no way to associate myself with him....except to buy all his apparel and wear it out in public all the time. Even to nice nightclubs. I did this. And it was fun.

Now....in 2017....it took many years of planning, selling a lot of my other collectibles....but I managed to acquire a comic with the 1st appearance of Aquaman and Green Arrow in it. So any time they kick-@ss, it helps the value go up. So I feel associated with them and have an interest in it.

So to sum it up....every time Aquaman or Green Arrow kicks someone's @ss, I get to enjoy it. This is much more reliable than hoping that one of my sports teams wins. I suggest you all do the same.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News