ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State QB commit now de-commits

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
Danny Clark was a much publicized recruit for Ohio State. He committed to the Buckeyes as a HS freshman at Massillon HS then transferred to Akron Hoban where he won a state championship this past year.. Clark is a 6-4 225 lb prospect.

Clark is a left hander who has a very strong arm. Has worked a lot on footwork and accuracy... He ran into problems because Ohio State also recruited top QB prospect Tate Martell and are redshirting Dwayne Haskins, another top QB prospect.. Both much better fits for Ohio State's offense. He would have probably sat the bench with those guys in front of him. On another note, I would not be surprised that Joe Burrow, the Buckeyes backup QB, will also transfer. I am totally speculating but his dad is a coach at Ohio U and would think that would be a great fit with an opportunity to play for Burrow. Burrow would have more experience at Ohio State but I think Haskins will pass him up on the depth chart behind JT Barrett.

Clark is built like a left handed Mitch Leidner.. Clark is considered more of a pro set QB than a read-option guy though he runs much better than people give him credit. Interesting side note: He had a huge Buckeye tattoo on his upper left arm/shoulder area. Now that he is not going to play for Ohio State, my guess is removal of the tattoo is in his future at some point....This is a kid that Minnesota may be smart to give a call to gauge his interest. His recruiting will be interesting in that he has always been considered a solid Buckeye commit, so opening up his recruiting is like starting over again. At an Eastern Ohio school that has players recruited to various Big Ten schools, I would think that Michigan State and Pittsburgh will get involved...Maybe Penn State, Cincinnati, and a bunch of MAC schools.

Clark has the makings of a good prospect.. He had to work on technique a lot with his feet. He had to work on transferring his weight from the back foot forward and get those toes pointed to the target. The arm strength is there with no problems. Has really worked at his game. Would love to see Minnesota gauge his interest.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News