ADVERTISEMENT

P.J. Fleck contract negotiations still ongoing two weeks before Cotton Bowl

keflavik

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2002
KALAMAZOO, MI -- Contract negotiations between football coach P.J. Fleck and Western Michigan University are ongoing, the coach confirmed Monday, and it's not as simple as just signing your name.

Fleck held a pre-Cotton Bowl press conference at the Radisson Plaza Hotel to talk to reporters about the team's preparation and confirmed that he and athletic director Kathy Beauregard continue to hammer out details of a new contract.

"It's not as easy as 'here's a piece of paper, sign this real quick,'" Fleck said. "Maybe that was a standard contract back in the day when you get your first job, but I want to take care of my assistants, I want to take care of Western Michigan University and I want to make sure everything's fair for both people, but there are ongoing talks."

Fleck said his focus remains on preparing his team for the Cotton Bowl on Jan. 2, 2017 and if he needs to choose one topic to focus on throughout the day, that preparation comes first.

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2016/12/pj_fleck_contract_negotiations.html

Reactions: Sherman Hemsley
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News