ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Fleck was most fans 1st choice - think about that...

GopherJim

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2001
2019 TGR POY
How crazy is that? Barring some unforeseen Glen Mason/Georgia about face, Gophers fans will actually be getting their #1 Choice! I mean, that is unreal for what we are used to. Especially coming off such a nationwide embarrassment of a situation/story.

Fleck may turn some people off with his high energy style, but we are getting someone who got EXTREME play throughout the football season on ESPN. This isn't some lightweight coach who won't turn heads. He is now nationally recognized and will get the attention of recruits and their parents when he has dinner and plays video games in the living rooms of these families.

I hate to build this up too much, because I'm used to so much failure at the U, but I think we hit rock bottom on the evening of December 15th with the boycott. Regardless of how you feel about the wrongs the top admins made, the beginning of trending upwards came on December 27th with the win in the Holiday Bowl. I know Claeys' fate was unfair and may seem like another setback, but because a change had to be made, and it was clear we could still be very competitive while missing 10 players in a very good bowl, a guy many wanted in Fleck was able to see that he would be left with a reasonably stacked cupboard for success right away.

I know there are more potentially uneasy days ahead with the finalization of the appeals and potential for further transfers, but a new dawn may be rising in Gopher Football history with this hire of PJ Fleck. I for one expect a smooth transition and minimized transfers once he's in the locker room getting to know all of the quality men in our program. The icing on top would be if a few of the current staff, particularly Sherels remain on staff to ease things even more.

It's time to buckle up gentlemen and enjoy the ride that is forthcoming as we ascend to heights we haven't seen for quite some time!

/extreme homer post

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News