ADVERTISEMENT

Post-spring game presser notes + Fleck video

Matt Jessen-Howard

Aug 5, 2014

PJ Fleck

• Impressed with the quarterbacks' poise.
  • Mo Linguist is one of the best defensive backs coaches in the country. DBs have made plays all spring.
  • Andrew Hmielewski wants to get better. He's worked very hard and you can tell he's a two-sport athlete. Rashad Still has improved mentally and is starting to embrace his role. Told Still that he's going to get reps and needs to change his best. Eric Carter has improved as well. Tyler Johnson will be a special player.
Carter Coughlin
  • Thought today went 5great for the defense. Didn't think there were any mix-up of assignments.
  • Bryce Paup has been crazy and unbelievable. Last year was all third down pash rushing and this year I'm playing on first and second down. It took some growth. In the beginning, I wasn't being physical enough. Coach Paup is one of the best.
Conor Rhoda
  • Felt the offense was solid. We have a lot of work to do and haven't been able to get in these situations much because of the lack of lineman.
  • Had a solid spring and command of the offense. This whole spring was learning the fundamentals and differences from last year. As far as the competition goes, it's gone great. Demry has pushed me and I've pushed him. We've both had highs and lows. This summer will be great for both of us.
Tyler Johnson
  • Matt Simon and PJ Fleck have been great. Fleck will sit in on film review and have NFL film added on.
Demry Croft
  • Focused on being more accurate and consistent. The quarterback battle isn't over yet.
  • It was my fault that I didn't keep running on the reverse pass.
  • My goal this summer is to take more of a leadership role. I feel like I need to work on that a little bit more.
  • Not knowing the starter until fall camp makes me hungry. There's no complacency. You have to be hungry each and every day to get better.
  • Ciarrocca teaches the offense very well and thoroughly.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News