ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Postgame presser notes

Matt Jessen-Howard

Aug 5, 2014
Archie Miller
  • Minnesota played a terrific game. Much hungrier and cohesive team.
  • You can try to push as many buttons as you can, but at the end of the day, you need everyone rowing in the right direction. We need to make some drastic changes to get everyone's attention and play better. Need to be urgency.
  • Jordan Murphy has unbelievable hands. The balls that he gets under the basket and rebounds he wins. Physically, he's able to hold his ground without losing his balance.
  • Race Thompson mixes it up well, he's rugged. He's a great offensive rebounder.
Richard Pitino
  • Shared the ball, moved it well. Didn't change much but were efficient with what we try to do. We responded extremely well from a devastating loss. Didn't complain or whine, proud of the effort.
  • Jordan Murphy's dropstep dunk was amazing. Do you know how hard that is to do?
  • A lot of basketball players have identity crises. Jordan does not. He understands what he's good at and does that.
  • Amir was terrific on Romeo Langford, and we really shrunk the court on drives with him.
  • Isaiah's tailbone is hurting. He didn't practice yesterday, tried today. Was hobbling pretty good.
  • I love Eric Curry. I'm the president of his fan club. He makes me feel like a good coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News