ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Game Positional Report Card. ....

stroke the post

Feb 3, 2004
QB = A-

Outside of a couple throws in the first half that were way off target, he threw a couple dimes tonight. He also went through his progression and avoided being sacked a few times as well.

RB = B

Mo is Mo. Obviously the other two running backs when given their chances were good, but they don't see the holes in the zone blocking scheme the way Mo does.

WR = B

Some of the catches were great. A couple drops on some big plays are forgotten because of the great catches on the other big plays.

TE = B

They were involved in some nice play action routes. There were a couple big mistakes made by the tight ends though in the running game.

OL = B

On the 4th down in one, they made a massive mistake ( or it was the tight end). Also, the last two series we had the ball the offensive line got obliterated. Throughout the game though, they provided good pass protection and opened up some nice holes for the running backs.

Defense = D

Rents, repeat.

The defensive tackles, although they made a few good stops in the A&B gap, just had zero pass rush and typically are being blocked backwards on running place. They need a season in the weight room.

The linebacker play is the worst I have seen since the Wacker years.

The defensive ends still have no contain and when they do contain, they are pushed so far outside that the gap between the offensive guard and offensive tackle is big enough that I could run for five or six yards per carry. I'm 42 years old.

The secondary, well, I will just step away and say thank God we won the game.

Special Teams = C-

Our kickoff coverage was fantastic. We blocked a kick. Every other aspect of our special teams was embarrassing.

Coaching = incomplete

I honestly don't know how one can fairly judge the coaching when 20 some players are out due to a virus, discipline, or injuries.

I liked the attempt to go for it on fourth down and one. I liked the attempt to go for it on fourth and eight on their half of the 50.

Throughout the game, I thought play calling from our offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator was good. Again though, the last two possessions on offense, we went ultra conservative and it almost cost us.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News