ADVERTISEMENT

QB to watch

Ryan Burns

Aug 8, 2010
Oakdale, MN
Spoke with Laurel (Miss.) quarterback Keon Howard (Junior highlights) this afternoon just to check in and got some interesting quotes.

"Minnesota is supposed to offer me tomorrow morning. I spoke with the QB coach, coach Jim (Zebrowski) Thursday night and he said to call him Monday morning to talk about the offer. He's told me that they have two quarterbacks on scholarship right now. The starter will be a junior this year, the back-up QB plays WR to, a walk-on that they like and their 2015 QB as well."

"I'm not exactly sure why he picked Monday morning to talk about all this, but if Minnesota were to offer, I'd definitely visit. I have a cousin up there in the Twin Cities and I enjoyed my time there when I was there last. We'll see what happens tomorrow."

It'll be very interesting to see what happens with Howard and other QB's going forward. Also interesting comment about the backup QB, guessing that's Streveler and the WR talk. Have not seen him work out there in practice, so that's interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News