ADVERTISEMENT

Quick rundown of top targets, remaining spots

Matt Jessen-Howard

Aug 5, 2014
28 is the number I was told Minnesota will sign. There are 24 commits now, and I'd expect a decommit or two, with Jackson and Layne being most likely.

Kendarian Handy-Holly is visiting this weekend, and I'm fully expecting him to commit. Adam Beck is the other top target and I'm told it's unlikely he'll be signing with Texas Tech come Signing Day. I would predict that he flips as well.

It's clear Fleck wants to upgrade the wide receiver talent, so I'd expect another wide receiver. Jafar Armstrong is the biggest target and has now gone public that he's visiting. Penn State commit Mac Hippenhammer is the other top target. Jeff Thomas and Oliver Martin are wants too, but both are long shots. Kam White hasn't heard from the new staff.

There will also be another running back added. Michael Warren is the biggest target right now, with Jalen Holston probably next in line. There's at least some interest in Caleb Huntley but I don't think he'll visit until they get an answer from Warren. Grant Walker has also been in contact with the new staff, but he's lower on the board than the others.

Boye Mafe and Kelvin Kegler both have committable offers on the defensive line. Kegler I've said I expect to flip. I said Mafe was still a Gopher learn under Fleck, but honestly I'm not sure anymore. I was told he was visiting this weekend then that he wasn't. I'm not sure if he made the trip to Rutgers or not but would assume he did. Kendrick Green also told me that he's heard from Fleck.

I'm told that Thayer Munford will be a Buckeye with an announcement on Sunday or early next week. OSU has room for him and likes him a lot.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News