ADVERTISEMENT

REALLY INTERESTING TO SEE RECRUITING IN WOMEN'S BASKETBALL

Vifan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2004
Coach Plitzuweit's first recruiting job is to keep the players committed to the program. Losing Rose Micheaux was the really painful loss. I feel bad for Kate Borowicz as she had to medically retire.

Which leaves an evaluation of the current team. If we keep the rest of the current players, including the players that committed to Lindsay Whalen, we will be a tremendously "WING HEAVY" team. We just got the commitment from the top 100 girl from Wisconsin. plus the Czech girl plus the girl from Canada. Plus returners Maya Braun, Mallory Heyer, Czinano, and Holloway. Zie will be returning as an inside player. I haven't heard anything yet about the girl from Washington state.

Now granted, I love the reputation of those scorers at wing but we need some inside people to do the dirty work. Having just the 6-5 transfer and Zie inside is not comforting to me. I know Holloway is supposed to help inside and if the girl from the state of Washington maintains her commitment, that will help a lot. I just wish we had those long 6-3, 6-4 girls that are active and athletic. They dont need to score but be able to move their feet well to defend at least 3 positions, rebound, and get to loose balls. And have a good basketball IQ. Would like 1-2 of those types to commit.

Plus losing Borowicz gives us one less ballhandler.. Amaya Battle will be our starting PG and potentially a very good one. Yes Borowicz turned the ball over and shot selection was questionable but now we do need a 2nd ballhandler, if possible. This is almost as interesting to me as the men's recruiting in the off season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News