ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Recruiting notebook 12/16

Matt Jessen-Howard

Aug 5, 2014
This post is obviously significantly shorter as the class is mostly wrapped up. I don’t anticipate any surprises on Signing Day about someone signing that we haven’t written about.

Weekend official visitors Jah Joyner and Wesley Bailey are both still targets of Minnesota. I’m not sure Joyner will sign Wednesday. We’ll see. Remember Panagos was his point contact and is now at Rutgers, which was another one of his finalists and close to home. He's also still technically committed to Boston College and was hoping to hear out their head coach when they hired one and they now have (OSU's Jeff Hafley).

PWO commits this class are Wyatt Schroeder, Ben Wileman, and Dragan Kesich. There will be more (maybe or maybe not by Signing Day) but those are the three at the moment and the Gophers are pleased with all of them.

Averie Habas and Matthew Stephenson are both transfer PWO targets. I'm not sure if they'll be "signing" with Minnesota or not as they’re still deciding what they want at the moment as they both/could have scholarship opportunities elsewhere. Habas was a JUCO All-American and 9-3 Iowa Western CC's leading tackler. He actually almost doubled IWCC's No. 2 tackler. He’s a 3 for 3 guy. Stephenson is a grad transfer from Middle Tennessee. He was the MTSU's starting punter and holder.

Early enrollees in this class are Cody Lindenberg, Tyrell Lawrence, Melle Kreuder, Gage Keys, Jaqwondis Burns, and Abner Dubar.

Also reminded that things are fluid with the class and that there may or may not be more than Hillard-McGill who doesn’t sign on Wednesday.

There’s obviously a lot to be excited about with this class as it’s a top 30 class and Fleck’s best at Minnesota.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News