ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting notes

Matt Jessen-Howard

Aug 5, 2014
Stockbridge (Ga.) three-star running back Jalen Holston will visit Minnesota the weekend before Signing Day and I believe he's the top running back target on the board. He's currently committed to Virginia Tech and holds 14 Power 5 offers.

Tanner Morgan and Trenton Guthrie will drive up to Minnesota and move in tomorrow.

As far as coaches on the road, I wouldn't expect many to be on the road until this weekend's official visits are finished, as most coaches are just getting settled in and obviously want to give attention to the visitors. The only weekend in-home visit I know about is to see running back commit Mohamed Ibrahim.

PJ Fleck and Matt Simon visited Demetrius Douglas tonight. Douglas of course is the son of Omar and was a major target for Claeys this summer before he committed to Oregon. He reportedly hasn't heard much from Willie Taggart's staff, and I'd expect him to flip to Minnesota. This is a great development as Minnesota is obviously in need of DBs.

Rob Wenger visited Dominik London and Nate Bursch today.

Linguist visited Trey Creamer today, and signs are pointing towards him staying a Gopher. From my Trey Creamer thread: Creamer will visit Colorado State this weekend and that will likely be his last visit. He had Iowa's defensive coordinator in to see him today, but apparently he won't be visiting Iowa. Why visit CSU and not Iowa? I'm not sure but that's what I was told. "I'm just certain on my commitment to Minnesota on where I wanna go." All appears well on the Creamer front for now. Maurice Linguist visited him tonight as well."

The majority of commits do not have in-home visits lined up with Fleck yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News