ADVERTISEMENT

Report from QLB

Tuchman Marsh

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2001
As I knew going into this game, I enjoyed my short trip to the Quick Lane Bowl. A couple of thoughts:

- I was a first-time Creative Charters customer. Enjoyed it and found it to be a great value for this trip. Professionals throughout, I would do this again in a similar circumstance.

- Short pre-game in Greektown was a blast. I believe we hit 4 establishments in around 5 hours. Cool area, I imagine night baseball games at Comerica Park in the area would be a blast. CMU fans were friendly, we ate well, and drank some good local beers.

- QLB atmosphere reminded me a lot of the Texas Bowl v. Syracuse, with the edge to the QLB given the local interest in CMU.

- Game has been discussed. I thought we could/should have won by 10-14 in relative comfort. CMU was plucky at times.

- Some seniors really looked to be soaking up the experience. Sitting behind the bench 10 rows, BBC, Murray, Mortell, Bush, Maye all stood out as guys who were really in the moment. I was happy for them and for all of our seniors, they made memories last night.

- I've been to a lot of bowls in the last 15 years and have had fun at all of them. It's fun to travel around the holidays when work is slower (realize this isn't the case for everyone). You play a unique team, at a neutral field in a city outside of our normal conference footprint. I also noted this trip that these are great family ventures. I went with my two brothers; I also saw grandparents-grandchildren,father-sons, mother-daughters, player parents, etc. If you love college football, enjoy traveling with family/friends, and want to see the team in a change-of-pace setting - go to a bowl game. They're always fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News