ADVERTISEMENT

Republican elector won’t cast vote for Donald Trump: ‘I swore an oath to defend my country’

AhliBobwa

Jan 27, 2010
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/6/christopher-suprun-republican-elector-wont-cast-vo/

'Mr. Suprun said Mr. Trump has driven a wedge between the American people and continues to “stoke fear and create outrage.”

“This is unacceptable,” he wrote. “The United States was set up as a republic. Alexander Hamilton provided a blueprint for states’ votes. Federalist 68 argued that an Electoral College should determine if candidates are qualified, not engaged in demagogy, and independent from foreign influence. Mr. Trump shows us again and again that he does not meet these standards. Given his own public statements, it isn’t clear how the Electoral College can ignore these issues, and so it should reject him.

“I have poured countless hours into serving the party of Lincoln and electing its candidates. I will pour many more into being more faithful to my party than some in its leadership. But I owe no debt to a party. I owe a debt to my children to leave them a nation they can trust,” he wrote. “Fifteen years ago, I swore an oath to defend my country and Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. On Dec. 19, I will do it again.”'

Reactions: MOGopher
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News