ADVERTISEMENT

Sawvel video after Bowl Victory

fencejumpers

Dec 30, 2002
Sioux Falls

He must have been asked about how well the D looked after struggling towards the end of the year. He gives the answer that we have been talking about on the board that having a healthy Myrick back, a more healthy BBC, and adding Ekpe and Richardson back at DT, and the defense is a much better defense.

He also noted two things that I hadn't heard before in regards to injuries. He said having Murray playing without a cast makes a difference as well. Maybe explained a couple of games where Murray didn't seem to be himself in tackling or coverage. Also mentioned that BBC actually first injured himself back in July? and that he has been playing injured all year to varying degrees. This explains to me why I had questions about BBC's level of play even early in the year before his major injury.

Our secondary was going to carry the D last year but had terrible luck.

Travis- our best Safety played 1 game.
BBC- played zero games near 100 % healthy, and missed 3-4 during a critical portion of the season.
Myrick - injured at the start of the Ohio St. game and was out the rest of the season until the bowl game. At the time was playing better as the 3rd/nickel corner than a less than 100% BBC
Murray - apparently played with a cast for several games
Johnson - left Ohio game early with concussion, but played the rest of year healthy
Ace - injured in first game then reinjured a couple games later to be out for season

Out of our top 6 tough secondary, only Murray and Johnson played most of the year healthy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News